Thursday, February 12, 2009

Teens, Television, and Depression

Hi, this is Megumi.

Today I would like to talk about the news about 'Teens, Television, and Depression'.

http://www.voanews.com/specialenglish/2009-02-10-voa2.cfm

According the VOA news, the more teenagers watch television, the more likely they are to develop depression. Young people are asked how many hours they watch tv, and how often they play the com games. In seven years, more than seven percent of the young people got depression.
Doctor Primack says some activities, such as sport and socializing, might be able to prevent from depression. Also sociologists from the University of Maryland found that people who describe themselves as happy spend less time watching television than unhappy people by the VOA news.

I agree that even it is fun to watch movies or tv, I get frustrated to continue it for long time and want to go out and do something active. Probably to get exercise or breathe fresh air are good ways to refresh and be positive. Get wild and feel nature!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
george389 said...

I agree with this news and you. When I watched too much TV, I also felt very tired. The children who spend more time front of TV will use the words like adult such as my niece who is 5 years old but she uses the words like she is 15 years old.

Anonymous said...

i also agree with vichala that watching TV too much is definitely not good for your health as well as your behavior. i think most of TV movies can influence anyone to the positive ways as well as negative. Watching TV is good but its better if you know how to control it