Hi everyone:
I have just listened and read the transcript from http://www.voanews.com/specialenglish/2008-12-06-voa4.cfm
about the title "Dog Talk: Every Dog Has His Day". The main idea of story is comparison between dog and human.
Examples from the story are: [1]. to lead a dog's life means a person who has an unhappy existence. [2]. dog-eat-dog world means many people are competing for the same things. [3]. every dog has its day means every person enjoys a successful period during his or her life.
After I have listened to this story, I felt more positive about the word "dog". The word 'dog' is used in my country mostly in a negative way. Example, when anyone does something wrong that person is called a dog. When used in the positive sense, the word dog relates to being honest.
If you are interested to know more about the word "dog" in American culture, go to the link stated above.
Tuesday, February 3, 2009
Dog Talk
Posted by george389 at 7:21 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I liked the way of saying 'He is in a doghouse, he decided to sleep in a doghouse.', which are funny and useful.
Thank you very much Megumi to come and comment my story.
well, thanks vichala for the great podcast. I also have some comments for ya, first this podcast is easy to follow and listen because the speaker's speed is rather slow and so clear. Second, is the content, never think about the word "dog" has so many meanings like that,Especially it can describe the weather like "The dog days of summer". Great jobs mom
Thank you Andy. I like to listen from VOA website because it is easy for me to understand.
Post a Comment